Finding affordable college style without leaving your town (or your dorm)

Katie Mullett, a sophomore psychology major, browses the clothing section at Rumors.

The hottest fashion trends are being made available at an affordable price from some of the best online boutiques.

As a frequent shopper and a lover of clothing, accessories and fragrances, it is my duty to give a rundown of all the local and non-local boutiques that offer these products.

On Fashionnova.com, there are a variety of party dresses, bodysuits, crop tops, graphic tees and Halloween costumes. Most of the dresses range anywhere from $20 to $40, and most of the shirts or body suits range anywhere from $12 to $40. 

Clothing at this boutique is suitable for all occasions, especially for parties and special events. 

Even better, Fashionnova sells beauty products that are perfect for the person that loves bold and unique looks. These sites offer a variety of bandage dresses, so I would recommend these sites to anyone who is looking for a nice bandage dress or a unique style, such as a blazer dress. 

HotMiamiStyles.com, WANTMYLOOK.com and PoshShop.com have clothing that puts the "s" in sexy and sass; these websites are perfect for the person that loves bold and unique looks. These sites offer a variety of bandage dresses, so I would recommend these sites to anyone who is looking for a nice bandage dress or a unique style, such as a blazer dress. 

These sites also have body jewelry and unique styles that you might not see on Fashionnova, like high knee knit boots or chain booties. I’d definitely recommend these boutiques to a people that like to amplify their casual style. 

I could never forget about all my athleisure lovers. If you love rocking casual and chill looks all day, I would suggest Yoins.com or Fairyseason.com. An abundance of simple but cute styles, such as halter neck rompers, T-shirt dresses and off-the-shoulder dresses dominate these sites, and styles start at $8. The price compared to the quality of clothing is unparalleled by any other online boutiques. 

Two of my favorite online boutiques, chiccoutureonline.com and lolashoetique.com, are soul snatchers! On chiccoutureonline.com, there are a lot of vintage clothes, such as wrap around ruffle sleeves tops, stylish knit sweaters, studded mini dresses, tulle skirt dresses, baggy cargo pants and tie jumpsuits. A lot of options exist for anyone that’s looking for formal wear, such as gowns or high low dresses for weddings or special occasions. Customers can create looks ranging from the fashionable tomboy to the pretty southern belle.

Lola Shoetique is shoe heaven. Gladiator heels, platform heels, stilettos, high knee boots, you name it, Lola Shoetique has it. You’d think these shoes would cost as much as designer shoes by the glitz and glam of their design features, however, most of the heels are in the $35 range, and the flats are in the $20 range. Beware, the height of most of the heels range from 4 inches to 5-and-a-half inches. 

In addition to these online boutiques, there are also shops in Chapel Hill with large online followings.

Rumors, a thrift shop located on Franklin Street, specializes in men's and women's streetwear and hipster clothing. Whether it is hand-knit sweaters, acid washed jeans or vintage tees, something will definitely catch your eye.

“We are a thrift boutique, so we generally specialize on things that are modern. However, we’re more curated; you’re bound to find more unique and affordable items,” Micah Moses, a sales associate at Rumors, said. “It’s such a fun atmosphere, we play around a lot.”

Next, we have The Fragrance Shop, located in Carrboro. From bath and body oils to women's and men's designer fragrances, The Fragrance Shop sells it all.

Jenny Mann, the manager of The Fragrance Shop, has been working at the shop since 1996. Her parents own the business.

“Everything is in a concentrated form without any alcohol or filler so it lasts longer on skin,” Mann said. “We carry the largest selection of fragrance and imported oils. You can even make your own custom scent.”

Ladies, make sure you check out Bevello, a boutique on Franklin Street that strives for beautiful, effortless and everyday style. Here, you’ll find great quality clothing, shoes and jewelry.

“College students don’t have to worry about running around or getting lost once they come here. We also have great student discounts,” Emily Brown, a Bevello employee, said. “I’ve been in retail for a long time, and there’s no better feeling than empowering people and making them feel and look nice.”

@Biscuit87298135