Word on the spooky street: What is your Halloween costume?

Jorge Dominguez .png

Halloween on Franklin Street is a well-known staple of University life. Homegrown Halloween on Franklin Street provides a safe place for all residents to don their creative costumes and bring the holiday to life. 

Staff writer Suzanne Blake attended the event and asked participants where the inspiration for their costume came from.

Megan Higgins

Chapel Hill resident

“An alien. I just thought it was cool. I had Styrofoam balls and I put silver paint and glitter on them and I attached it to a headband, and I put glitter on myself.”

Jorge Dominguez

Chapel Hill resident

“It was all I could think of to be. I’m Captain Spaulding from Devil’s Rejects. My wife put it together for me. She bought me the makeup and everything and we just googled the picture.”

Courtney Diez

Chapel Hill resident

“I just wanted to be a doll because no one else really does it. I bought this and it came with this, and I did my own makeup and the stickers came with it. I got it from Spirit.”

Ben Ross

UNC 2010 graduate

"I’ve always been big into fitness. I figured I might as well show that you don’t need a costume, that everyone has their own costume. I am myself. That’s what I’m going to be: myself.”

Victor Murta (left)

Senior computer science and math major

“I really like the movie ("Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure"), and so does he. I am Ted Theodore Logan. I got a bunch of old clothes, bought some new clothes and now I got a costume. Everything I got online.”