Letter: Ombuds Office continues Blair's legacy

Here’s the sad news: Wayne Blair is leaving the university.

Here’s the good news: The work of the University Ombuds Office will continue without interruption. We have worked side by side with Wayne for the past thirteen years and share the same principles and practices as ombuds and the same values as individuals. 

Ombuds are confidential, impartial, informal and independent. 

We follow the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics of the International Ombudsman Association, www.ombudsassociation.org

The Ombuds Office will always be a safe place for all members of the Carolina community to come and talk in confidence about any campus concern, problem or dispute. 

We will treat you with respect, and we will not judge you. No situation is too small to discuss — if it’s important to you, it’s important. Please read about us at www.ombuds.unc.edu, call us at 919-843-8204, or stop by our office in suite 22 in the CVS Plaza building, 137 E. Franklin Street, right next to the CVS store. 

We would be happy to discuss our work and show you around the office. We also love to hear good news. If you share it with us, we will be happy for you. Our door is always open. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve our fellow Tar Heels.

Laurie Mesibov 

Associate University Ombuds and Interim Director of the University Ombuds Office 

Victoria Dowd, Assistant University Ombuds and Program Specialist