Need a cheap lunch option on Franklin Street? We're here to help

Hibachi.jpg

A plate of rice, steak and grilled vegetables from Hibachi & Company is $6.51 between 11am an 3pm on weekdays.

Running out of meal swipes? Tired of the dining hall? Looking for a lunch spot that won't make your parents call you in anger because you've spent too much money on food this week? Look no further because here is one writer's opinion about cheap food on Franklin. 

Cosmic Cantina

Hidden down an alleyway off Franklin Street, Cosmic Cantina provides Mexican food at an affordable price from lunch hours well into the early morning. Open from 11a.m. - 4 a.m., you can snag a mini vegetarian burrito with a handful of chips thrown into your bag for just $2.56. For those looking for a more hearty option, their chicken and steak mini burritos are $3.99 and $4.09 respectively. You can even add a 2-ounce cup of cheese sauce for just $1.79. 

Hibachi and Company

A new addition to the Franklin Street food scene, Hibachi and Company offers an inexpensive lunch special running every day of the week from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. For $6.51, you can get Japanese fried rice, vegetables, a free drink and a protein which varies depending on the day. Sundays are Hibachi shrimp and chicken, Mondays are Teriyaki chicken, Tuesdays and Thursdays are Hibachi steak, Wednesdays are Yummy chicken, Fridays are Hibachi shrimp and Saturdays are Hibachi steak and chicken.

Lime and Basil

Lime and Basil offers their Bánh mí sandwiches for just $5 from 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. You can call ahead or order there, but the lunch special is only available for carry-out. 

Tru Deli and Wine Bar 

If you build your salad or sandwich right, you can easily walk out of Tru Deli with a tab of $6 or less for lunch. Choosing to go with one slice of cheese instead of two and two ounces of meat instead of four, you can cut $2 off of your overall sandwich price. Tru Deli also has a variety of vegetable toppings for just $0.25 a piece, a price that remains consistent whether you want light, standard or heavy. Using their online ordering method, you can pay online and simply walk in and out to grab your bag of food in a minute or less. Throw in a bag of chips for just $1, and you have a meal that will make your bank account happy. 

Mellow Mushroom

For those who have a moment to sit down during their lunch hour, Mellow Mushroom on Franklin Street offers an all-you-can eat pizza and salad buffet for dine-in customers only. If you're not already tired from having to choose from the numerous pizza options on Franklin Street,  you can eat to your heart's content Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., for just $7.99.

@laurentalley13

More in Food Issue

More in Food & Drink