Plan Your Weekend: July 5-8

A goat stretches out during goat yoga Saturday morning. 

Thanks to the Fourth of July festivities, we all got an early start on the weekend. Keep the party going with tons of events and outings perfect for celebrating....well just getting through the week. 

• July 5- "Won't You be My Neighbor?"- Try not to cry at the showing of this movie. It chronicles the life and impact childhood television star Mr. Rogers had on the world. Sniff..no YOU'RE crying. (Chelsea Theater)
  • July 5- GVO City Fest: Hip Hop Under the Stars- Hip hop can create a certain connection with people. Come enjoy free pizza and listen to artists tell you when hip hop first grabbed a hold of them. (The Mothership)
  • July 6- First Friday at Linda's- Calling all graduate students and young professionals looking to get away from the undergraduate swarm, Linda's is providing refuge. There will be free food and "absurd" drink specials. I'd go if I were you. (Linda's Bar and Grill)
  • July 6- Friday's on the Front Porch- I'm sure I don't even have to tell you about this since you can probably hear it from anywhere in Chapel Hill. Come enjoy food trucks, music and not working. (Carolina Inn)
  • July 7- Playful Yoga with Goats- I'm not a yoga person, but man, I would do this. Relax and set some intentions with a trusty baby goat by your side. (Hux Family Farm)
  • July 7- Dune- This one is for the true, blue sci-fi nerds. There is a retro film series happening and it includes the classic "Dune" film. This is hard core science fiction right here. They are showing movies all weekend so check out their page for more. (The Carolina Theater of Durham)
  • July 7- Really Really Free Market- It's all free! Really. Furnish the apartment! Donate a thing! Grab a DVD! The only rule is no capitalism allowed. No trades, just free! (Carrboro)
  • July 7- Festival for the Eno- In case you have forgotten, we reside near a beautiful river. If you would like to celebrate that river or learn how to preserve it, this festival is for you. (West Point on the Eno)
  • July 8- Disney/Pixar Movie Night- Four 40-minute rounds of Disney/Pixar madness. Stay for one or stay for them all, but either way, you Disney fans better bring your A-game. (Pour Taproom)
  • July 8- TCM Movie Night- Who doesn't love a classic movie? Sit back and enjoy literally any movie they show. TCM movies are always great in one way or another. (The Looking Glass Cafe)