Operations in Chapel Hill are officially back to normal... mostly

hurricane florence dogs
John Fowler and Lee Voncanon take their pack of Basset Hounds out for a walk after hurricane Florence rips through their Wilmington, NC neighborhood on Friday, September 14th. “I can’t believe this hurricane brought down so many large trees, said Voncanon.” Princess Place Ave. in Wilmington was made impassable for cars due to numerous downed trees and power lines. Much of the roads across Wilmington and Southeastern North Carolina are closed due to downed trees, downed power lines, and flooding. Wilmington officials have informed the public, that in some cases, it could take weeks to restore power to the area.

After several days of rain during Hurricane Florence, Chapel Hill is finally back to normal — mostly.

Chapel Hill Transit went back to its full schedule on Tuesday and is not expected to change during the week. All roads that were closed in Orange County previously have been reopened because the water has receded, except for Whitfield Road, which is still washed out.

Travel across North Carolina has been halted after major flooding closes roads and highways.

Ran Northam, community safety communications specialist for the Town of Chapel Hill, said recovery efforts are underway for the residential areas that were flooded and Eastgate Shopping Center.

Here's how you can help people affected by Hurricane Florence.

Duke Energy reports one customer in Orange County still does not have power as of 7:50 p.m. Tuesday. Orange Water and Sewer Authority has not reported any water availability concerns.

The local government meetings that were cancelled due to the storm have yet to be rescheduled.

Take a look into the aftermath of Florence in Wilmington, N.C.

Chapel Hill Town Council will meet on Wednesday at 7 p.m. for a general meeting, where they will also discuss the town's response to the hurricane.

@ampogarcic

Anna Pogarcic

Anna Pogarcic is the editor-in-chief of The Daily Tar Heel. She is a senior at UNC-Chapel Hill studying journalism and history major. 

More in Chapel Hill