Updated at 11:58 p.m. Several roads have been closed in Chapel Hill due to debris from Hurricane Michael. Check below for road conditions and closures:
- Umstead Drive is reopened
- Cleland Drive is reopened at Rogerson Road
- Estes Drive at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard has been reopened after being blocked by a tree
- Boundary Street near Rosemary Street has been reopened after being blocked by a tree
- A tree is blocking Prestwick Road
- A tree is blocking Lone Pine Road
- A tree is blocking Westminster Drive
- Traffic lights are out on NC 54 from 15-501 to Durham
- Traffic lights are out on 15-501 Estes Drive to Carrboro
- Traffic lights have been restored on 15-501 at Bennett Road
- Traffic lights are flashing on Eubanks Road at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
- McDade Street at Church Street is reopened
- N. Columbia Street at Pritchard Avenue is reopened
Routes A and N will not serve Umstead Drive until further notice. The HU route will not serve Finley Golf Course Road until further notice. These three routes will detour until 8 a.m. on Friday. The F route will not serve Greensboro, Hillsborough or Old Fayetteville roads. The J and CM routes will not serve Merritt Mill Road until further notice.
As of 9:15 p.m., Duke Energy reported 14,626 outages in Orange County.
This is a developing story. Check back here for more updates.
To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.