The Ultimate Homecoming To-Do List

unc football
The UNC football team appears in the tunnel before the game against Virginia Tech on Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018 in Kenan Memorial Stadium. Virginia Tech defeated UNC 22-19.

Spooky season might be coming to an end, but Homecoming is hot on its heels. Whether you’ll be at the game early or you’re planning to tailgate at Frat Court, this step-by-step guide highlights all the Saturday of Homecoming weekend has to offer.

Bell Tower Climb

If game day isn’t enough of a marathon for you, here's your chance to be super extra and climb the Bell Tower between 9:15 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. The awesome view from this campus landmark makes this the ultimate Homecoming activity. Extra points if you scream “Go Heels” at the top.

Fun fact: UNC student group, the Order of the Bell Tower, offers Bell Tower climbs before every home game. Make this a tailgate tradition and never skip leg day again.

Sutton's Drug Store displays pictures of students, athletes and community members from their unique collection of "family photos."

Sutton’s Drug Store

After the Bell Tower climb (or after rolling out of bed), fuel up at Sutton’s before the game. Enjoy a burger and a shake, and try to spot a familiar face in one of the 2,000 pictures on display. Double extra points if you get your picture taken.

Former UNC running back Giovani Bernard (26) runs the ball against Georgia Tech in 2012.

UNC v.s. Georgia Tech

Cheer on the Tar Heels in the student section at Kenan Memorial Stadium as the team takes on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Kickoff is at 12:15 p.m. Winning may be optional, but wearing Carolina blue is not.

Popular hotels in the Chapel Hill area like the Carolina Inn and Franklin Hotel are booked to capacity for the rescheduled UNC vs Carolina basketball game on Thursday, February 20, 2014. Ticket holders face long wait lists and hotel referrals.

Post-game at the Carolina Inn

Final score dependent, either celebrate the W or bounce back with a post-game party at the Carolina Inn. Live music from The Castaways alongside an outdoor bar and tons of graduates will make this the place to be after the game.

The Clef Hangers perform at Musical Empowerment's 2nd Annual Benefit Concert at University United Methodist Church on Tuesday.

UNC Clef Hangers Concert

Sit back, relax and pretend the Clefs are personally serenading you at Memorial Hall at 8 p.m. By some strange magic, the concert isn’t sold out yet, so make sure you buy a ticket quickly. It's still to be determined whether they can top last year’s rendition of Africa by Toto.