Update, 5 p.m.: In addition to school cancellations, some community events are being cancelled or postponed in avoidance of the storm.
- UNC will move into Condition 1 at 2 p.m. on Oct. 11. Classes are still scheduled, but professors are welcomed to use their discretion in adjusting class schedules and coordinating make-up work. According to the University, employees, faculty and students should use their own discretion in determining if they are safe to attend class.
- Orange County Schools will be cancelled on Oct. 11 for both students and staff. Extracurricular activities are also cancelled.
- Durham County Schools will be cancelled on Oct. 11.
- Johnston County Schools will be cancelled on Oct. 11.
- Wake County Schools will be cancelled on Oct. 11.
- Carrboro-Chapel Hill City Schools will be cancelled on Oct. 11.
- UNC-Wilmington will cancel classes beginning at 12:20 p.m. on Oct. 11.
- All Durham Tech campuses will be closed on Oct. 11.
- The AlertCarolina fall siren test that was originally scheduled for Oct. 11 has been postponed.
- The North Carolina State Fair will delay opening until Oct. 12.
- The Carrboro Recreation & Parks Department has cancelled volleyball drop-in for Oct. 11.
- The ArtsCenter's AfterSchool Arts Immersion will be cancelled on Oct. 11.
- The Relighting of the Bell Tower event by the Order of the Bell Tower on Oct. 11 has been cancelled. However, Friday's Waffles at Wilson event is still scheduled to proceed as normal.
- The Pittsboro Roadhouse General Store will be closed on Oct. 11.