Here's your look at how UNC programs fared this weekend

soccer vs vt nils bruening 14
Senior Forward Nils Bruening (14) celebrates his goal with Sophomore Midfielder Raul Aguilera (28) during Saturday's game against Virginia Tech at Koskinen Stadium. UNC won 2-1.

It was a busy weekend for North Carolina athletics.

With seven UNC programs competing all around the country, here's a look back at the weekend that was.

Field Hockey

The No. 1 team in the country started its weekend on the right foot with a 5-1 win over No. 16 Wake Forest in Chapel Hill on Saturday. The day was also highlighted by the Karen Shelton Stadium dedication.

On Sunday, the Tar Heels traveled to Virginia and defeated No. 19 Liberty, 7-1, to extend their record to 13-0 on the year.

Men's Golf

After two rounds at the Fighting Irish Classic, the men's golf team is situated in third place among 15 teams. The Tar Heels were led by 7-under-par performances by first-year Ryan Burnett and junior Austin Hitt.

Soccer

The No. 3 men's team used a brace from midfielder Nils Bruening to defeat No. 19 Virginia Tech, 2-1, at Koskinen Stadium on Saturday night.

Meanwhile in upstate New York on Sunday, the No. 3 women's team faced off against Syracuse. The Tar Heels used goals from seven different players to beat the Orange, 7-1.

Swimming and Diving

In its first meet of the season, the men's and women's teams faced off in Greenville against East Carolina. The men's squad defeated the Pirates, 159-141. The women's squad faced little adversity from its opposition, winning, 196-99.

Volleyball

The volleyball team visited the Sunshine State for weekend clashes with conference foes, starting with a Friday night showdown in Coral Gables. Miami won a close, 3-1, contest, but first-years Destiny Cox and Ava Bell stood out with double-digit kill totals.

On Sunday, the Tar Heels got out to a one-set lead over Florida State. But three straight set wins by the Seminoles finished off a 3-1 loss, dropping UNC to 1-5 in ACC play.

Women's Tennis

Top-seed Makenna Jones made it to the semifinals of the Riviera/ITA All-American Championships this weekend, but fell to Duke first-year Maria Mateas. Alexa Graham faced the same fate in the singles draw.

In doubles, the duo of Alle Sanford and Sara Daavettila made a run to the semifinals of the backdraw after losing in the main draw.

@christrenkle2