Letter to the Editor: 'Brave conservative women'

I am troubled by the malice being directed at brave conservative women on campus. The hatred and the vulgar attacks being lobbed by "tolerant" members of the political left is sickening.

As I know many of the women mentioned in the Vanity Fair article, I shall set the record straight. These women are not racist, they are not bigoted and they certainly are not white supremacists. These are terms that the hateful and intolerant left likes to throw around when they are challenged by courageous free thinkers.

While conservatives were labeled white supremacists for encouraging law abidance in dealing with Silent Sam, liberal activists demonstrated reckless disregard for one of our nation's core pillars, rule of law.

Liberals label conservatives as sexist for not supporting women's right to choose. They label conservatives racist for supporting equal opportunity and not equal mandatory outcomes. They criticize conservatives for their Christian faith, for belief that marriage is between a man and a woman, etc. The point is that liberals label and criticize without care of who they hurt. As a conservative, I could just as easily label and attack, but that fails to better our country and is undignified and childish behavior.

I believe that people are more than hateful labels and that good people can exist on all sides of the political spectrum. I wish liberals would come to embody the tolerance that they espouse.

Sincerely,
Tanner Henson
Chairman of the Undergraduate Senate Rules & Judiciary Committee