Chancellor Carol Folt and the Board of Trustees have been granted an extension to present a plan to the Board of Governors regarding the future of Silent Sam, Folt said in an email sent to the UNC community Friday afternoon.
After Silent Sam was torn down by demonstrators in August, the BOG initially passed a resolution requiring Folt and the BOT to present a plan by Nov. 15.
"The Board of Trustees and I have not yet reached a decision about our recommendation," Folt said in the email. "We have just received word that the Board of Governors has granted our request for a short extension to ensure we have the time and information needed to fully evaluate the options under consideration."
Folt has said previously that she and the Board of Trustees will consider all options. In September, community members were invited to share their ideas to a UNC email address.
"We also have and continue to receive letters, emails, petitions and other documents from students, faculty, staff, alumni, North Carolina leaders, state citizens and beyond," Folt said in Friday's email. "We are reading and considering all of them."