Press Coverage with Anson Dorrance, part two

anson-dorrance-1000-wins

Women's soccer head coach Anson Dorrance displays the soccer jersey made for him after Sunday's game, which marked his 1000th career victory.

In  the second half of Press Coverage’s interview with North Carolina women’s soccer head coach Anson Dorrance, hosts Brian Keyes and Keaton Eberly continue the conversation by learning which players the National Soccer Hall-of-Famer has identified as taking a  giant leap for his program, and what he expects of them going forward. 

“There’s not a player on our roster that doesn’t have the talent to become extraordinary,” Dorrance said. “But what some of them lack is the commitment to become extraordinary, so what we’re hoping happens between our recruiting class… the returning players that really haven’t achieved their potential yet, and then the world beaters… someone outside that group has to decide, I’m gonna go after it, and then pour themselves into their offseason.”

Dorrance also speaks about the origins of the program, how UNC became one of the very first colleges to hand out a large number of athletic scholarships to female soccer players and how he went on one of his very first recruiting trips around the country while he was still in law school. 

Moving onto the present, Keyes and Eberly get Dorrance’s opinion on the newly renovated Fetzer Field, which should be ready for the start of next season.