Writer's note: Paige says this article is NOT AT ALL influenced by the fact that Alec roasted her on Twitter or played a prank on her for The Lion King viewpoints. 

I’m sure you all know Alec Dent, the FORMER opinion editor of The Daily Tar Heel (in case you were wondering, he was impeached). 

Alec has written some great pieces, my favorite being his open expression of his love for candy corn on Valentine’s Day. So as an intelligent, eloquent, accomplished young man, and as a self-professed candy corn aficionado, you would think he has good taste, right? 

WRONG. Alec thinks Beyoncé is overrated, hates the "Harry Potter" movies and claims "Elf" is a “terrible Christmas movie.” 

So, believe me when I say that at this point, I’m no longer surprised when Alec expresses his displeasure for something widely accepted as wonderful and amazing. I’m used to it by now.

But last week, he told me something that truly shocked me. It shook me to my core. Quite honestly, it hurt me. 

Alec told me he doesn’t like Cosmic Cantina. Let me repeat: he DOESN’T LIKE Cosmic Cantina. 

For me, that was the LAST STRAW. I immediately rushed to my computer and furiously began typing this article, desperate to finally expose him for the hater he truly is. 

Why is this issue so important to me, you might ask? Well, Cosmic Cantina is my lifeblood. It is my sunshine on a cloudy day, my comfort in times of sorrow. It’s my one true love. 

Cosmic Cantina is affordable, delicious and conveniently located across the street from the DTH office. Everyone who works there is unbelievably kind and the service is excellent. Plus, it opens early and closes late to accommodate all your needs. 

In this cold, harsh world, only one thing is certain: Cosmic will always be there for me. It will never let me down. It’s the one constant in my hectic, crazy life. Some might even say the connection between us is cosmic

Cosmic has given me a lot of good food, but it’s also given me so much more. Memories of eating there at 2 a.m. on a Saturday night with my best friends. The will to live during late nights writing at the DTH. A closer bond with my editors and fellow opinion staffers.

So, in conclusion, I urge all of you to visit Cosmic. Not only for the food, but because Alec hates it. And if Alec hates something, chances are it’s actually really good.