Here's what artists are coming to the Triangle this September

Red Hat Amp
Many artists are coming to the Triangle this month. Photo by Garrett Poulos.

The Triangle, best known as a hub for research, will double as a hub for soul-searching as a multitude of bands and artists flock to North Carolina this month. Country and pop, folk and metal, indie and rap; this September, there will be no shortage of entertainment for all.

Those ready to rock have plenty of opportunities to see these head-banging artists, beginning with:

• The Raconteurs at the Red Hat Amphitheater in Raleigh on Sept. 3 at 7 p.m. 
  • Three Dog Night will perform at the Carolina Theatre in Durham on Sept. 6 at 8 p.m.
  • Hear some more folk-rock tunes from Indigo Girls at the Durham Performing Arts Center at 8 p.m. on Sept. 7 
  • The Ritz in Raleigh will host Tesla on Sep. 20 at 8 p.m. and Catfish and the Bottlemen on Sep. 24 at 8 p.m.

Some of the pop artists popping off in the area include: 

• Chris Brown at the PNC Arena in Raleigh on Sept. 6 at 6:30 p.m. 
  • Lizzo at the Red Hat Amphitheater Sept. 13 at 7 p.m. 

Gleaning a stronger hip-hop rap aura: 

• Meek Mill & Future will take the stage at the Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek on Sept. 19 at 7 p.m.
  • NF at the Red Hat Amphitheater at 8 p.m. on Sept. 21

For boot-and-bandana wearers and country fans of all types, there is a plethora of country artists stepping foot in the Triangle: 

• Little Big Town will be at the Koka Booth Amphitheatre in Cary on Sept. 6 
  • Jason Aldean’s “Ride All Night Tour” with guests Kane Brown and Carly Pearce will kick up dust at the Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek on Sept. 13 at 7:30 p.m.  
  • Kacey Musgraves, emerging queen of pop-fringed country, will be at Koka Booth on Sept. 14 at 8 p.m. 
  • The Mavericks, Gary Allan and Carrie Underwood will all be in the area in the last week of September.

There are also several music festivals nearby in September: 

• The 10th annual Hopscotch Music Festival will be held at the City Plaza in Raleigh from Sept. 5 to 7along with several other smaller clubs and will feature over 130 bands. 
Headliner Sleater-Kinney on Sept. 5 will bring punk indie “riot grrrl” vibes. An array of diverse artists including Illuminati Hotties, Kississippi and The Nude Party may even attempt to parallel the beloved Chapel Thrill Saturday night aesthetic.
Shows on Friday, Sept. 6 give spotlights to James Blake and Jenny Lewis. On Sept. 7, CHVRCHES will bring indie-synth pop sounds, and Little Brother will color the state capital with alternative hip hop.
  • The Outlaw Music Festival Tour will stop at the Coastal Credit Union Music Park on Sept. 15 with headlining artists Willie Nelson and Family, Bonnie Raitt, Lukas Nelson and Promise Of The Real.
  • The largest free urban bluegrass music festival in the world — understandably named the Wide Open Bluegrass Festival — will be in Raleigh Sept. 27 to 28. The festival will feature shows at eight different stages, the main one being the Red Hat Amphitheater, and it will also include a dance hall, exhibits of instruments and workshops.

Check out some of these artists coming to the area to paint the Triangle with diverse sound and creative artistry this September. 

@Ava_Eucker