Due to recent events on campus, the editorial board has assembled this short list of resources for anyone who may be at-risk of interpersonal, sexual or gender-based violence. This list also includes two proactive trainings that anyone can complete to help create a safer environment on campus for us all.

SafeWalk is a walking buddy program led by students. Two trained students are available to walk you home to any on or off-campus location within 2.5 miles. They operate from 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. Sunday-Thursday. You can find them outside of Davis Library, or call (919)-962-7233. 

Gender Violence Services Coordinators (GVSCs) provides advocacy and support on gender-based violence experienced either before or during one's time at UNC. Services are available to all students, faculty, staff and post-doctoral fellows.

Courage to Heal: A Sexual Assault Recovery Group at CAPS is sponsored by UNC Counseling and Psychological Services and offers a support group for women recovering from sexual trauma. The group is private and confidential.

Carolina LiveSafe Mobile App is a safety app that provides a direct connection to UNC police. The app can be used to report tips, summon help, use SafeWalk and get additional resources.

Noonlight (formerly SafeTrek) is a safety app that can be used to trigger requests for emergency services when walking back home at night.

Wildfire is an app that alerts you about events near your location. It is user-generated so other members can send in alerts as soon as they see something.

One Act Training is a training program aimed at increasing informed bystander intervention to reduce sexual and interpersonal violence. 

Safe Zone Training is a course designed to educate folks about issues faced by the LGBTQIA+ community and resources available to create safer, more inclusive spaces on campus.