Check out the announced schedule for UNC track and field's 2020 season

track and field mile Jake McEneaney
Jake McEneaney (center), a sophomore distance runner for UNC, tries to pull ahead of a runner from Eastern Carolina during the Men's One Mile Run in the Dick Taylor Carolina Cup at Eddie Smith Field House on Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019. McEneaney placed eighth in the event with a time of 4:27.67.

The schedule for the 2020 season of the North Carolina track and field team has been announced. 

The indoor season will start with the Dick Taylor Carolina Challenge on Jan. 11 at Chapel Hill, the only home meet for the Tar Heels in 2020. Last season, the men's team placed first in the meet and the women's team placed second. 

Five times, UNC captured at least a share of what was formerly known as the Dick Taylor Carolina Cup. The women's team also won three consecutive cup titles in the six years of the meet's existence. 

After that, North Carolina heads to Blacksburg, Virginia for back-to-back meets at Virginia Tech. First is the Virginia Tech Invitational from January 17-18, followed by the Hokie Invitational from January 24-25. The next week, the team travels to Ann Arbor, Michigan for the Power 5 Invitational. 

After taking the next week off, the Tar Heels will end their indoor regular season with two split weekends. First, UNC will divide up and travel to Clemson, S.C. for the Tiger Paw Invitational and to Boston, Massachusetts for the Valentine Invitational, both from Feb. 14-15. The second split weekend will see North Carolina travel back to Blacksburg for the Virginia Tech Challenge on Feb. 21-22, and to Winston Salem, N.C. for the JLD DMR Invitational on Feb. 21. 

The track and field postseason begins with the ACC Indoor Championships in Notre Dame, Indiana hosted by Notre Dame University, held on Feb. 27-29. 

For the last event of the indoor season, the NCAA Indoor Championships will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico on March 13-14. 

The outdoor season for North Carolina will begin in High Point, N.C. with the Bill Webb Combined Events and Bob Davidson Memorial, both hosted by High Point, on March 19-21. 

The Tar Heels will then travel to Durham to face off against the rival Blue Devils in the Battle of the Blues on April 4. On April 17-18, UNC heads to Charlottesville for the Virginia Challenge, then to Philadelphia for the Penn Relays on April 23-25. 

North Carolina returns to Duke for the Duke Twilight event on May 3 for the last event of the regular season. 

UNC will remain in Durham for the ACC Outdoor Championships on May 14-16. The preliminary round for the NCAA East will be hosted in Lexington, Kentucky and the NCAA Outdoor Championships will be in Austin, Texas on May 28-30 and June 10-13 respectively. 

@bg_keyes