Break the chain! Dance the night away with Fleetmac Wood

01_FleetmacWoodLiverpool2018_Credit_NickMizen.jpg

Fleetmac Wood presents "Rhiannon’s Revenge - A Halloween Disco" this Saturday at Motorco Music Hall in Durham. The event will feature remixes, edits and original Fleetwood Mac tracks crafted for the dancefloor. It will be curated by DJs Lisa Jelliffe and Alex Oxley, also known as Roxanne Roll and Smooth Sailing. Photo courtesy of Nick Mizen.

When DJ Lisa Jelliffe realized how much of her sets included Fleetwood Mac, she got the idea to make a whole night dedicated to the band.

On Saturday, Oct. 26 at 9 p.m., Fleetmac Wood presents "Rhiannon’s Revenge - A Halloween Disco" at Motorco Music Hall in Durham. 

“I thought, 'Wouldn’t it be great to a whole night of Fleetwood Mac, but make it a creative project as well,'" Jelliffe said. "We create remixes, some of our producer friends create remixes, and we’ve just sort of curated hours of really kind of fun remixes.”  

The Halloween Disco composes an entire set of remixed, edited and original Fleetwood Mac music DJed and curated by DJs Jelliffe and Alex Oxley, also known as Roxanne Roll and Smooth Sailing.

Jelliffe and Oxley have been hosting Fleetwood Mac-centered discos for seven years and have toured globally to countries including Australia, New Zealand and Bali. 

“Its an uncompromising concert of only Fleetwood Mac remixes all night, it’s a dance party," Jelliffe said. "It’s a four-hour journey we really dove into all of the back catalogs and it’s just a really fun, really eclectic dance event."

The show consists of visual lights, and music ranging from disco, house and techno remixes of Fleetwood Mac. 

“We are trying to create a rave and festival atmosphere where people can really let loose and just dance; to dance like no one is looking, or watching,” Oxley said.

Oxley said night was conceptually developed to create an experience like no other through its unique setlist. Both Oxley and Jelliffe created this creative project to appreciate and revolutionize the music of Fleetwood Mac. 

“Lisa and I really try and connect with the audience," Oxley said. "People will say we will have a really great time on stage and we try and transfer that energy to the dance floor, to the people who are there.” 

The remixes are adjusted by adding a little bit more of a kick drum, highlighting certain aspects of the song or adding extra synth lines to add drama around and bring it into the club, Jelliffe said.

The event is hosted in Motoco Music Hall, an entertainment and event space in Durham. The venue also includes a Garage Bar and restaurant Parts & Labor with a giant outdoor patio.

"These are the type of shows that I really get excited for because it is open to everyone," Kevin Hunte, the marketing manager at Motorco, said. "Its a dance party, everyone likes to dance, it's a cool concept.”

Doors open at 8 p.m. and the show will begin at 9 p.m. on Saturday, costumes are encouraged and tickets are $20. 

“It’s just a big party atmosphere all sharing the atmosphere of the music," Oxley said.