Every full-time undergraduate and graduate student at UNC pays a mandatory $200.08 Campus Health fee each term as a part of our tuition and fees. Point being, you already pay for these services — utilize them! Here’s what all students have coverage for under this fee:
- Primary care visits
- Includes physical exams, respiratory infection diagnoses and basic injury care and treatment
- Gynecology visits
- Includes annual exam, pap smears and birth control consultations
- Does NOT include lab tests (e.g. recommended STI testing) or procedures (e.g. IUD insertion)
- Sports Medicine visits
- Not just for athletes!
- Includes physical therapy, athletic training services and post-op care
- CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services) initial visit and referrals to outside care
- Nutrition counseling services
- A registered dietician will work with you to tailor an individual nutrition plan in a sensitive and supportive environment.
- Sexual assault resources, which can be covered by the Survivor's Assistance Fund
- Includes counseling services, evidence collection, treatment of injuries and medication for sexually transmitted infections and pregnancy prevention.
- 24-hour nurse advice line and on-call physician access
- 24-hour on call student crisis support
- Insurance assistance to guide you on what is or is not covered by your insurance plan
UNC’s opt-out student health insurance plan, called “Student Blue,” covers many expenses not included in the Campus Health fee.
Some of these include:
- Flu shots: free with Student Blue and most insurance plans at University clinics (otherwise offered at $35 for anyone)
- Mental health and substance abuse visits
- Office visits: $25 copayment, then 20% after deductible
- Inpatient/outpatient: 20% after deductible
- Prescription medicine
- At the Campus Health Pharmacy and the Student Stores Pharmacy: $15.00 co-pay for a 30-day supply, regardless of which tier the drug falls into.
- Urgent care centers: $75 copayment, then 20% after deductible
- Emergency room: $400 copayment, then 20% after deductible
- Ambulance service: 20% after deductible