Winter Weather Updates: UNC in Condition 1, classes resume.

Snow fell in Chapel Hill on a Wednesday afternoon in 2014. North Carolina declared a state of emergency in response to winter weather across the state.
A Chapel Hill Transit bus sits "Out of Service" during a 2014 snow storm. Chapel Hill Transit will suspend operations by 8 p.m. due to forecasted snow and icy conditions.

This page will be updated with stories and will provide updates about weather plans from the University and Orange County.

Update 11:30 a.m: The University is under condition 1. It is operating under reduced operations. Classes have resumed.

Update 6:20 p.m. :  The Town of Chapel Hill plans to provide an update on facility openings by 6:30 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 21. 

Limited service routes will be resumed by Chapel Hill Transit after 9 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 21. CHT plans to assess routes early on Friday morning and provide service updates no later than 6:30 a.m. 

Routes that will run on limited service according to a Town of Chapel Hill press release include the CM, D, G, J, NS, NU, RU, S, and the U routes. 

Update 5:40 p.m. : Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools will be closed for all students and staff on Friday, Feb. 21. 

Update 5:00 p.m. : The P2P service on UNC's campus will suspend service at 6 p.m. on Thursday. The P2P Express route will not be running on Thursday evening. 

UNC Campus Recreation closed as of 4 p.m., and will update their hours page based on the status of the weather for tomorrow. 

UNC Campus Health will be closing at 5 p.m. instead of 6 p.m. and will not open until 10 a.m. on Friday. 

Update 2:45 p.m. : Chapel Hill Transit will suspend operations after 8 p.m. due to the possibility of icy road conditions. 

All early voting sites in Orange County closed at noon today. Early voting sites will make up for lost time by opening from noon until 4 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 23. 

Top of Lenoir and Chase Dining Hall will both close at 8 p.m. on Thursday. 

Due to winter weather conditions and the possibility of up to two inches of snow, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill announced at 2 p.m. that it will suspend operations and move into Condition 2 at 4 p.m. until 10 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 21. 

This comes after announcements from Orange County, which closed all non-essential government services at noon today; the Town of Carrboro Offices, which closed at 1 p.m. today and from Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools and Orange County Schools, which canceled classes for students on Wednesday night. 

Due to the weather conditions, The Daily Tar Heel will not produce a Friday print edition. Readers can expect to see a print edition in blue boxes on Monday morning, and to read their daily news online tomorrow morning.