Here's a list of UNC programs impacted by coronavirus

20200302_CoronaVirus_Berenfeld-2.JPG

DTH Photo Illustration. A UNC student holds a suitcase and a surgical mask on campus on Tuesday, March 3, 2020. Students are unsure how the coronavirus will affect their plans to study abroad.

As the coronavirus continues to spread around the world, UNC students may be wondering how the virus will affect certain University programs. 

The University is regularly updating campus community members regarding the status of the virus and its impact on campus. 

Here's a list of potentially impacted campus programs. 

Study Abroad Programs with Travel Restrictions

The University has cancelled spring 2020 study abroad programs occurring in Italy and South Korea and has put travel restrictions in place for China. 

Students in these programs may finish the semester online through their host university, take UNC courses online or in-person or register for UNC summer courses. 

No changes have been made to any summer and fall 2020 study abroad programs. 

Other Study Abroad Programs

UNC-approved study abroad programs in other countries with confirmed cases of COVID-19 have not been cancelled yet, though some institutions may include online modules as part of their programming. 

The University has stressed that students follow the advice of their host organizations or institutions abroad. 

APPLES Alternative Breaks 

Becca Bender, senior program officer for Community Engagement, said in an email that APPLES spring break and summer trips have not been cancelled at this point. Trip leaders have been informed about precautions regarding the virus. 

"All of our spring break and summer programs are contained within the state to drivable distances," she said in the email. 

Should students show signs of the flu and cannot attend the trip, they will receive a full refund, Bender said. 

@chiaraeevans