Elmo’s Diner: The best brunch in Chapel Hill

Who doesn’t love all-day breakfast? Our readers certainly do, and they’ve dubbed Elmo’s Diner the best brunch spot in Chapel Hill, thanks to its delicious food, welcoming environment and family-like feel.

Elmo’s menu includes omelets, salads, burgers and sandwiches, among a seemingly unlimited number of options. The restaurant prides itself on making food with care and prioritizing its customers. 

A longtime favorite of the Chapel Hill and Carrboro area, Elmo’s Diner chooses not to use mixes or “instant” meals. With pancakes, desserts and soups made from scratch, the diner places an emphasis on making fresh, homemade food. Additionally, Elmo’s doesn’t serve anything containing monosodium glutamate (MSG) and uses 100 percent canola oil to cook their fries. 

True to any good diner, Elmo’s also has comfy booths and a welcoming atmosphere. All of these elements ensure Elmo’s food not only tastes like home cooking, but the diner also feels like home, whether you’re eating with friends, family or on your own.

It’s clear Elmo’s wants to turn new customers into returning customers. So next time you’re in the mood for breakfast, lunch, dinner and especially brunch, consider trying Elmo’s for the first time, or go back for a deliciously reliable meal.