Serving the students and the Unversity community since 1893

Wednesday December 2nd

UNC Police investigating on-campus burglaries at Rams Village

Taylor Hall, also known as Ram Village 4 is a residence hall that is located on South Campus behind the First Year dorm, Hinton James. This is one of the five buildings that makes up the Ram Village Community.i
Buy Photos Taylor Hall, also known as Ram Village 4 is a residence hall that is located on South Campus behind the First Year dorm, Hinton James. This is one of the five buildings that makes up the Ram Village Community.i

UNC Police is investigating a series of on-campus burglaries to Rams Village 5 and Rams Village 2 residence halls, according to an Alert Carolina email sent Monday.

Police have issued three felony arrest warrants for breaking and entering against suspect Marques Mann, the email said. Mann is not affiliated with UNC-Chapel Hill. 

Anyone who sees Mann on campus should not approach him but contact UNC Police immediately by calling 911, the email said. To see a picture of Mann, go here.

Many students have moved off-campus in response to the University's decision to close down residence halls to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Those remaining on campus were required to apply for a waiver and undergo a health screening. 

In the email, police advised students to always lock their door, purchase a small safe and note the condition of their room before leaving.  

@hannaherinlang

Latest Print Edition

Print Edition Print Archive

One Vote N.C. Voter Guide