The Best of 2020
The Best of 2020

We take a look back at some of the stories that made us fear a bit better in an unusual year. 

A UNC professor's syllabus went viral, art organizations supported local artists, young people found new ways to date, a Latinx Pride bus took to the road in Chapel Hill, UNC's Asian American Center opened after 25 years of work and performers figured out how to make the most of a less than ideal situation.

We are still in the middle of the pandemic. We are about to begin a semester that already feels eerily like the last. We could all use some good news right now.

Chill on the Hill is your source of good news from around Chapel Hill.

In this episode: A UNC professor's syllabus went viral, art organizations supported local artists, young people found new ways to date, the Latinx Pride bus took to the road in Chapel Hill, UNC's Asian American Center opened after 25 years of work and performers figured out how to make the most of a less than ideal situation.

Original reporting by Emily Holler, Dominick Ferrara, Kaitlyn Boeckel, Lilly Clark, Maydha Devarajan and Madison Ward.

Will Melfi

Will Melfi is the digital managing editor of The Daily Tar Heel. He is a senior at UNC-Chapel Hill studying journalism and political science.

Brandon Standley

Brandon Standley is the editorial managing editor of The Daily Tar Heel. He is a senior at UNC-Chapel Hill studying public relations and psychology.