N.C. residents 65 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine. Tell us your questions.

20200413_Sheridan_Vaccines-1.jpg
DTH Photo Illustration. If you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, or an experience regarding the vaccine you’d like to share, we want to know.

Those age 65 and older are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in North Carolina as the the state moves into Phase 2 of its COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan. Here's what you need to know. 

How to get a COVID-19 vaccine in Orange County

The Orange County Health Department is offering vaccinations for eligible North Carolinians. If you’re eligible for the vaccine, complete the vaccine interest form at https://redcap.link/OCHDvax. Call 919-913-8088 if you need help filling out the form.

After filling out the form, you’ll receive email instructions on how to register for the vaccine and schedule your appointment. 

UNC Health is also offering vaccinations. To book a vaccination appointment at UNC Health, visit https://vaccine.unchealthcare.org or call 984-215-5485. 

If you're interested in volunteering, Orange County Health Department is looking for medical and non-medical volunteers. To learn more, you can contact the department at vaccinevolunteer@orangecountync.gov.

When can I get a vaccine? 

The COVID-19 vaccination plan is as follows: 

1. Healthcare workers, long-term care staff and residents
  2. Older adults 
  3. Frontline essential workers
  4. Adults at high risk of exposure and increased risk of severe illness
  5. Everyone else

To learn more about North Carolina’s vaccination plan, visit the NCDHHS website

Let us know your questions

There’s lot of uncertainty and questions about the COVID-19 vaccination process in North Carolina. If you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, or an experience regarding the vaccine you’d like to share, answers these questions below. 

@sonjarao