Tuesday October 4th

UNC wrestling postpones second dual meet in two weeks due to COVID-19-related protocols

UNC senior Corey Daniel prepares to attempt a takedown during his bout against his Virginia Tech opponent  in Carnmichael Arena on Friday, Feb. 8, 2019. Daniel won his bout 3-2. Daniel's victory provided the points needed for UNC to further secure their lead and win the overall competition against Virginia Tech with a final score of 18-14.
Buy Photos UNC senior Corey Daniel prepares to attempt a takedown during his bout against his Virginia Tech opponent in Carnmichael Arena on Friday, Feb. 8, 2019. Daniel won his bout 3-2. Daniel's victory provided the points needed for UNC to further secure their lead and win the overall competition against Virginia Tech with a final score of 18-14.

The North Carolina wrestling team's home dual meet against Virginia Tech, slated for Friday, is postponed due to COVID-19-related protocols within the UNC program, the team announced on Thursday. The team is working to reschedule the meet for a later date.

This postponement comes two weeks after the wrestling team announced it was unable to host Campbell in its season-opening dual meet for similar reasons. In between those postponements, the Tar Heels faced Gardner-Webb in a 45-0 win in Chapel Hill on Sunday, Jan. 10.

North Carolina's next dual meet is scheduled to be at Duke on Friday, Jan. 22.

UNC announced its first confirmed COVID-19 cluster on Wednesday in Carmichael Residence Hall. That cluster involved students who lived in the residence hall over winter break, according to a cluster notification posted to the Carolina Together website.

@McMastersJ

The Daily Tar Heel Victory Paper for March 7, 2022