Several university buildings experiencing full power outage

20200607_Katsanis_quad1.JPG

Wilson Library and Polk Place, or the quad, pictured on June 7, 2020.

Update Sept. 20 at 5:12 p.m.: Power has been restored to all impacted campus buildings, according to the UNC Office of Finance and Operations. 

Several University buildings are currently experiencing a full power outage, according to an email sent Monday to faculty and staff from Mark Richardson, assistant dean for finance and business at the Hussman School of Journalism and Media.

UNC is aware of the power outage and crews are currently working to restore power, according to a statement from UNC Media Relations. 

Some of the affected buildings include Student Affairs, Lenoir Dining Hall, South Building, Mitchell Hall, Wilson Library, Carroll Hall, Kenan Labs, Caldwell Hall and Old East Residence Hall.  

No timeline has been communicated for power repairs at the time of publication. 

For updates on the power outage, follow @UNCFO on Twitter. 

@laurmccarthyy

CLARIFICATION: A previous version of this article misstated how Mark Richardson, assistant dean for finance and business at the Hussman School of Journalism and Media, shared information regarding University buildings experiencing a power outage. An email from  Richardson was sent to faculty and staff informing them of the outage. The Daily Tar Heel apologizes for the error.