Sunday December 5th

Sophomore Ja'Qurious Conley to miss rest of UNC football season with left knee injury

Sophomore defensive back Ja'Qurious Conley (0) runs the ball at the UNC v. Wake Forest game on Saturday, Nov. 6, 2021 at Kenan Stadium. The Tar Heels won 58-55.
Buy Photos Sophomore defensive back Ja'Qurious Conley (0) runs the ball at the UNC v. Wake Forest game on Saturday, Nov. 6, 2021 at Kenan Stadium. The Tar Heels won 58-55.

Sophomore defensive back Ja’Qurious Conley will miss the remainder of the football season after suffering a left knee injury against Wofford on Saturday. 

Also serving as one of the team’s kick returners, Conley went down on the opening kickoff and did not return in the Tar Heels’ 34-14 win over the Terriers. 

After emerging late last season, the Jacksonville, N.C. native became a full-time starter this year and was the team’s fourth-leading tackler. He also intercepted two passes and recovered a fumble.

On Friday, UNC will head to Raleigh to take on No. 24 N.C. State – a team that ranks 19th in the nation with 292.2 passing yards per game. 

The Tar Heels will then play in a bowl game, which will be announced on Dec. 5.  

@hunternelson_1 

The Daily Tar Heel for December 1, 2021