Chapel Hill Transit will delay services until 10 a.m on Friday due to hazardous road conditions, it announced Thursday night.
The delay is to allow operators to travel to work safely, as icy conditions are anticipated over the next few days.
Several routes will run two special trips Friday after service begins. These routes include: A, F, G, HS, N and T.
Chapel Hill Transit staff is monitoring weather reports and road conditions and will continue to provide updates.
For up to date information, visit Chapel Hill Transit's website.
The update schedule includes:
- B Route will begin at Baity Hill at 10 a.m.
- CCX Route will not operate.
- CL Route will begin at the Carolina Coffee Shop at 10 a.m.
- CM Route will begin at the Jones Ferry Park and Ride lot at 10:10 a.m.
- CW Route will begin at Old Fayetteville Rd at NC 54 at 10:20 a.m.
- D Route will begin at East Drive at 10:05 a.m.
- FCX Route will begin at the Friday Center Park and Ride at 10 a.m.
- J Route will begin at Rock Creek at 10 a.m.
- JFX Route will not operate
- NS Route will begin at the Eubanks Rd. Park and Ride at 10 a.m.
- NU Route will begin at the RR Lot at 10:20 a.m.
- RU Route will begin at the Family Medicine Center at 10 a.m.
- S Route will begin at the Friday Center at 10 a.m.
- U Route will begin at the Carolina Coffee Shop at 10 a.m.
- GoTriangle 420 will not operate.
To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.