Tuesday May 17th

UNC to move to Condition 1 Friday evening

<p>People walk through snowy North Campus on a Wednesday night in 2018.</p>
Buy Photos

People walk through snowy North Campus on a Wednesday night in 2018.

UPDATE 01/22/22: The University will extend Condition 1 until 12 p.m. Sunday, according to an Alert Carolina. After that time, campus will resume normal operations.

UPDATE 01/21/22, 3:00 p.m.: UNC will move to Condition 1 at 5 p.m. Friday until 10 a.m. Saturday, according to an Alert Carolina notification.

Condition 1 means that the University will work on reduced operations due to potentially dangerous weather circumstances. Classes will operate on regular schedule and faculty have the discretion to adjust class schedules and offer alternative options for students unable to attend class due to the forecasted winter weather.

The University will return to normal operations after 10 a.m. Saturday.

The University will move to Condition 2 at 11 p.m. Thursday until 5 p.m. Friday due to forecasted winter weather and black ice across the Triangle area, according to an Alert Carolina notification.

Condition 2 means that all classes are canceled and all non-mandatory operations are suspended. Point-to-Point services will be suspended beginning at 11 p.m. Thursday until 5 p.m. Friday.

PASS cart services are also suspended Friday. Additionally, all parking regulations will be suspended for all non-reserved spaces.

Campus Dining Services also closed most operations early Thursday night due to inclement weather.

The University will communicate any further changes in operating conditions no later than 3 p.m. tomorrow.

Only mandatory employees report to work, the notification said. Non-mandatory employees should not report to work, and, with supervisor approval, may work from home or an alternate site.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

@alliemkelly

The Daily Tar Heel Victory Paper for March 7, 2022