Wednesday October 5th

Five star recruit GG Jackson commits to the UNC men's basketball team

<p>Hubert Davis, head coach of North Carolina basketball, speaks at a press conference on Sunday, April 3, 2022, ahead of the NCAA championship game against Kansas in New Orleans.&nbsp;</p>
Buy Photos

Hubert Davis, head coach of North Carolina basketball, speaks at a press conference on Sunday, April 3, 2022, ahead of the NCAA championship game against Kansas in New Orleans. 

GG Jackson, one of the most highly touted men's basketball recruits in the class of 2023, has committed to play for head coach Hubert Davis and the Tar Heels.

Jackson announced his commitment to play for UNC on Wednesday afternoon at Ridge View High School in Columbia, South Carolina. The event also celebrated Jackson's S.C. Gatorade Player of the Year award with a banner unveiling.

A power forward standing at 6 feet 9 inches tall, Jackson was the consensus number one high school player from South Carolina. This past season, he averaged 22.1 points and 10.9 rebounds per game.

Jackson's commitment marks the second class of 2023 recruit to commit to UNC. He joins Simeon Wilcher, a five-star combo guard from Plainfield, New Jersey, who announced his commitment to UNC in October 2021.

Duke, South Carolina, Auburn and Georgetown were among the other schools that Jackson was considering.

@LucasThomae

The Daily Tar Heel Victory Paper for March 7, 2022