Monday October 3rd

Chapel Hill Police investigate two armed robberies near Franklin Street Wednesday night

<p>Chapel Hill Police vehicles standby at the Chapel Hill Police Department on Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2020.&nbsp;</p>
Buy Photos

Chapel Hill Police vehicles standby at the Chapel Hill Police Department on Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2020. 

The Chapel Hill Police Department is investigating two armed robberies that were reported near Franklin Street on Wednesday night, according to a news release from the Town of Chapel Hill.

The first robbery took place at the intersection of Rosemary Street and Pritchard Avenue around 9:30 p.m. The second happened 15 minutes later on Church Street and Clark Court.

While no injuries were reported, a gun was shown during both robberies. Both incidents involved two suspects. 

"One of the suspects was described as a man wearing a black hoodie, black sweatpants and blue bandana or scarf over his face," the news release said.

An Alert Carolina message was sent out to UNC students, faculty and staff on Wednesday morning. The alert said anyone with information should call 911 or contact the Chapel Hill Police Department. Callers who wish to remain anonymous can call Chapel Hill-Carrboro-UNC Crimestoppers.

This is a developing story. Check back here for updates.

@LucasThomae

Next up in Crime and public safety

Next up in Public Safety

Next up in Chapel Hill Police

Next up in City & County

Next up in The OC Report

Next up in Community members attend inaugural Chapel Hill-Carrboro Juneteenth events

The Daily Tar Heel Victory Paper for March 7, 2022