Thursday August 11th

Kamrhan Farwell named UNC vice chancellor of communications

Kamrhan Farwell (Photo Courtesy of the University of Missouri)
Buy Photos Kamrhan Farwell (Photo Courtesy of the University of Missouri)

Kamrhan Farwell has been named UNC’s next vice chancellor of communications, according to a University email sent on Thursday. She previously served as the vice chancellor and chief marketing and communications officer of the University of Missouri. 

Farwell will begin her position effective  Sept. 26, according to the email. 

"I am inspired by the quality of the scholarship at UNC-Chapel Hill, the integrity of the leadership, and the enthusiasm of faculty, staff, students and alumni," Farwell said in a statement. "I’m anxious to do my part in sharing the university’s compelling story and global impact with the world.”

During her time at the University of Missouri, Farwell specialized in executive and internal communications, media relations, print and digital publications, strategic marketing and more, according to the email.

Farwell previously served as assistant vice chancellor for communications at the University of Pittsburgh and as the executive editor at the University of Texas at Dallas.

Farwell was also recently selected to join the American Association of University’s Public Affairs Network Steering Committee, the email said. She has served on the executive committee for the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities Council for Strategic Communications since 2019. 

“Farwell joins a strong and vibrant team of talented professionals in University Communications that promote Carolina’s good work every day while managing a variety of complex issues facing the institution and the higher education landscape,” Chancellor Kevin Guskiewicz said.

She will succeed interim associate vice chancellors Beth Keith and Tanya Moore and previous vice chancellor Joel Curran, who left the University in fall of 2021.

In addition to Farwell's appointment, the University has recently announced new deans for the UNC Graduate School, School of Data Science and Society, College of Arts and Sciences, Gillings School of Global Public Health, Adams School of Dentistry and the School of Nursing.

@livvreilly

The Daily Tar Heel Victory Paper for March 7, 2022