Former Louisville forward Jae'Lyn Withers commits to UNC men's basketball

20230304 - UNC MEN'S BASKETBALL VS. DUKE
UNC head coach Hubert Davis yells from the sidelines during the men's basketball game against Duke at the Dean E. Smith Center on Saturday, March 4, 2023. UNC fell to Duke 62-57.

Former Louisville forward Jae'Lyn Withers has committed to the North Carolina men's basketball team, Withers told On3 Sports Tuesday.

Withers, a Charlotte native, started 64 games in his three-year career at Louisville. He averaged a career high 10.0 points and 7.7 rebounds per game in 2020-21 and recently blossomed into a respectable 3-point shooter, draining 41.7 percent of his triples last season.

“I chose Chapel Hill because I’d be able to compete at one of the  highest levels of college basketball and I’m blessed to be able to play in my home state closer to friends and family,” he told On3 Sports. “A lot of N.C. players dream of playing for a school in their home state and I’m very blessed to have a familiar fan base and a new set of goals.” 

Following the transfers of Puff Johnson and Dontrez Styles, Withers is expected to be a complementary piece to a reshaped frontcourt led by graduate forward Armando Bacot.  

@hunternelson_1