Will Potter, 16-year veteran of department, to be new Carrboro fire chief

20220807_Pacini_Firehouse_3.jpg
Firetrucks stationed at the Carrboro Fire-Rescue Department Headquarters on Aug. 7, 2022.

Will Potter will be the next Carrboro fire chief, Town Manager Richard J. White III announced this afternoon. 

Potter served as interim fire chief and has been with the Carrboro Fire-Rescue Department since 2007. Before becoming a fire-fighter, he participated in Carrboro Fire-Rescue Department’s Ride-Along program

“After a national search process, I am excited to have Will lead our talented team at the fire department,” White said in a press release.

Apart from his work in the department, Potter serves as a principal member on two technical committees for the National Fire Protection Association.

“This is truly a dream come true,” Potter said in the press release. “The last fire chief that came up through the ranks in Carrboro was Chief Jake Hardee in 1973, so this means a lot for our department and our community.”

@wslivingston_

Walker Livingston

Walker Livingston is the 2024 enterprise managing editor at The Daily Tar Heel. She has previously served as summer city & state editor and assistant city & state editor. Walker is a sophomore pursuing a double major in journalism and media and American studies, with a minor in data science.