Canvas

Homecoming tickets sell fast, Canvas is faster: An update on how many Passion Pit tickets are left for purchase

If you read Friday’s print edition, you probably noticed that CUAB sold more than 2000 tickets to the Oct. 29 Homecoming Concert — featuring Passion Pit as headliners — when they opened sales at noon last Thursday.

And if you’re at all like us here at Canvas, you probably wanted to know how many tickets “more than 2000” actually is.

We got up with CUAB president Adele Ricciardi, who had more specific information on how many tickets have been sold, how many are left, and why you should buy some for yourself.

First off, all 1,500 premium $15 floor seats did sell out on Thursday. In addition, roughly 1,500 $10 riser seats were sold from Thursday afternoon to Friday evening, resulting in a total sale of 3,181 tickets by 5 p.m. on Friday.

That leaves roughly 1,5000 tickets in the Union Box Office available for your purchase.

So if you haven’t got Passion Pit tickets yet — and we can’t blame you; Canvas hates long lines and had friends get our tickets for us — there’s still time.

The Union Box Office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets are still only available for UNC students with a valid UNC OneCard. Each student can purchase two tickets per one card and only carry two OneCards with any purchase.

Maybe electronic-indie-hipster-rock isn’t your thing, but if you are thinking that Friday, Oct. 29 is going to be an exceptionally boring night for you, you can still join Canvas and 3,181 of your fellow students in Carmichael Auditorium as we boogie to the somewhat unclassifiable beat.

We know you want to.