Canvas

Snoop Dogg to storm UNC in April

<p>Snoop Dogg storms campus, courtesy of Konsole Kingz</p>
Buy Photos

Snoop Dogg storms campus, courtesy of Konsole Kingz

If you’ve logged onto any social networking site over the last few weeks, you’ve noticed the intense hype over the prospect of bringing Snoop Dogg to UNC for a free concert.

For promotional purposes, makers of the hot new video game, “Bulletstorm,” have lined up a free concert in April for the college with the most votes to bring Snoop Dogg to their campus.

And WE won!

Voting started several weeks ago when voting information went viral on Facebook. Top News feeds featured links entitled: SNOOP DOGG STORMS CAMPUS: VOTE DAILY FOR UNC!

Facebook users posted on the event page with comments rooting for their schools to win and encouraging everyone they know to vote every day.

Many UNC Facebook users boasted throughout the voting process of continuously having more votes than down-the-road rival, NC State.

Nothing like Snoop Dogg to invoke some healthy competition among college students.

There were several voting rules that included winning 5 extra votes for “liking” the “Bulletstorm” fan page and 25 extra votes for buying the video game online.

For runner-up schools, the sponsor of the concert, EA Sports, promises to give away several of their products for free including any EA Sports game while supplies last.

Check out EA Sports’ newest video game phenomenon Bulletstorm.

So, be on the look out for new information regarding the time and location of the concert as well as ticket sales.

And give yourselves a pat on the back for voting like it’s hot.