Canvas

Wednesday Roundup (7/13 to 7/20): The We'll Miss You When We're Gone Edition

Performance

10 by 10 in the Triangle
The ArtsCenter
Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m., Sunday at 3 p.m.
$14 general admission, $10 student

Featuring the works of 10 different playwrights, The ArtsCenter will hold a weekend full of plays. With artists coming in from around the country, each night looks to be full of diverse, eclectic performances.

Women’s Voice Chorus
United Church of Chapel Hill, 1321 Martin Luther King Jr., Blvd.
Sunday at 4 p.m.
Free admission

Sunday, WVC will hold a benefit concert for CASTLE, the Center for Acquisition of Spoken Language Through Listening Enrichment. Their efforts are geared towards raising money for the allocation of services for deaf children.

Art

The Artery
University Mall
Wednesday thru Sunday
Free admission

The Artery has found itself a summer home as the artists involved with the student-run gallery will finally see their art on display after having to relocate earlier this year. The gallery will be held until August 1.

Read Staff Writer Tyler Confoy’s story here.

The Paths I Trace Are the Stories You Tell
Monday thru Sunday
The ArtsCenter
Free admission

UNC alumna Hannah Lamar Simmons has returned to the Chapel Hill area to host her latest work, an installation made of lines of news formed to create a unique circuitry of stories.

Kimowan Metchewais
LIGHT: Art and Design, 601 E. Rosemary St.
Wednesday thru Saturday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Free admission

LIGHT: Art and Design is holding an exhibit featuring former UNC professor Kimowan Metchewais. The Native American artist deals in works ranging from paintings to photography work.

Read Arts Editor Tariq Luthun’s preview here.

Read Staff Writer Britton Alexander’s review here.

Ackland Art Museum
Gallery and Exhibits (10 a.m. – 8 pm Thursday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday)
Free admission

Adding to the Mix I: John Wesley’s Boeing (1982) is the museum’s latest exhibition that focuses on the recently acquired work in Boeing (1982). It is part of an informal series that is set to place recent museum acquisitions within the context of pieces that are already a part of the Ackland’s collection.

The two exhibits focusing on pre-war European and post-war German art are coming to a close at the Ackland. They’ve been extended beyond the initial July 11 end date.

“DE-NATURED: German Art from Joseph Beuys to Martin Kippenberger” and “Romantic Dreams | Rude Awakenings: Northern European Prints and Drawings, 1840–1940.” Go in and check these out before they run out.