Diversions

Mixtape Round-Up: November 13-19

Pretty pleased with this week's crop of mixtapes, you should be too.

Bam! I'm gonna hit you real quick with the highlight of the week. Atlanta's Pill has been going in hard on every track he's been releasing of late and gaining a pretty big Interwebs buzz because of it. Well deserved buzz I must say. Pill has that crossover appeal between street and lyrical that all heads can appreciate. Ced L. Young gets most of the production credits on this tape, but don't get confused, Pill is the star on this. I can't even talk about this anymore, just download it.

What's Good?: "Gymnastics," "Run up to Me" Feat. Freddie Gibbs

Tracklist and Download link for 4075 - The Refill

If I hadn't been on such a Pill tip of late, this would have been the runaway favorite for mixtape of the week. Emilio Rojas teams ups with DJ Green Lantern to put together a hell of a mixtape. Producers such as Keelay and Zaire, Sean C and LV, Boi-1da, Nottz and 6th Sense all line up to grace the tracklist and back Emilio's vocals. The half Latino spits straight fire on tracks but can also slow it down. Emilio has definitely taken note of what the Internet likes and he has something for everyone.

What's Good?: "Sympathy for the Devil," "Tonight"

Tracklist and Download link for The Natural

Where's Brooklyn at? As much as I love the name Brokn.Englsh, I like the group's music more. This trio brings both the soul and energy in their lyrics and make you feel good. I said Emilio Rojas was a student of the Internet, Brokn.Englsh is a student of the culture. This album bleeds Brooklyn hip-hop and sounds like a soundtrack to the city. Shit, it's a soundtrack to anywhere that deserves good hip-hop. Also doesn't hurt that I like the album art.

What's Good?: "Cherry Popper," "I Will" Feat. Pardon the Stranger

Tracklist and Download link for The Drawing Board