Diversions

Festival Preview: Full Frame Documentary Film Festival, April 4-7

The Full Frame Documentary Film Festival is an annual international event that highlights the importance and creativity of non-fiction films. The event features over 100 movies, all in the span of four days. The festival occurs in a variety of venues, all within four blocks in Downtown Durham. The event includes film screenings, discussions, panels, and (as the website puts it) “southern hospitality”.

Films featured at the festival are submitted by participants from all over the world. After going through an extensive amount of footage, the candidate’s films are chosen to participate in the
event. The event coordinators also include films from directing heavyweights, such as Orson Welles.

Through partnerships with the University of North Carolina School System, the American Tobacco Historic District/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Des Moines Art Center, Duke University, the IFC Center, and other organizations, Full Frame tries to provide year-round events as well.

The goal of Full Frame is to facilitate creative, contemplative minds and to assemble filmmakers and movie lovers in a community where they can discuss their interests. Full Frame coordinators
want to provide an outlet, locally and internationally, for documentary filmmakers.

Some films included in this year’s festival are “God Loves Uganda” directed by Roger Ross Williams and Orson Welles’s “F for Fake”. So, if you have some free time, or need a break from the end of the semester work over load, then buy a ticket and take a drive to Downtown Durham between April 4-7 and experience the art of documentary films.

“God Loves Uganda” trailer