Dress Code

Vote on which DTH editor needs a makeover

The Daily Tar Heel office is a world of key boards clicks, phone interviews, intense concentration… and cargo shorts. Although we love our male editors, their style just doesn’t match their writing skill. So, as any good fashion blogger would – I decided to step in and help.

Here’s the deal. Look below to find out a little bit more about three of our male editors who are in desperate need of a fashion makeover. Then, visit the opinion page to vote on the one who needs the most help before the end of next week. Once the results are in, I’ll take the editor who gets the most votes out for a shopping spree.

MEET ANDY: University Editor

What does personal style mean to you?

“I feel like for the first few days after I do laundry I have some good options, but then past that I just kind of go with what I haven’t worn out. That means like, three or four days of pants. So, I’ll generally rewear my pants and everything else I change everyday. I feel like I don’t have that many good fashion options.”

What do you like to do in your spare time?

“I don’t do anything else.”

MEET DAN: Assistant State & National Editor

What does personal style mean to you?

“One of my favorite quotes about fashion of all time comes from Thomas Jefferson. He said, he once wrote, that ‘in matters of style swim with the current, but in matters of principle stand like a rock.’ So basically what that means in modern-day terms is, I stick to my convictions about things like politics, but I’m open to trying new things fashion-wise. I’m not a huge fan of pink t-shirts. I’m not sure I’m secure enough in my masculinity to actually wear a pink t-shirt. Again, I’m open to trying new things. I don’t wear cargo shorts everyday, contrary to popular belief.”

“I’m a big soccer fan. I play a lot of soccer on the weekend, watch soccer games. I also like rock music a lot.”

MEET STEVEN: Editor-in-Chief

What does personal style mean to you?

“Personal style to me first is comfort. I’m a big jeans and sweatshirt kind of person. As long as I don’t look awful and it feels good, I’ll wear it.”

“What spare time? Um, yeah.”

Don’t forget to follow us on twitter! #andvotealot