I get it, having this much school spirit is fundamentally insane and often has me primally screaming about games I don't even remember a month later. But it's so fun.
- UNC leads the rivalry series 133-107, but Duke has claimed 10 of the past 13 meetings. This is how the two teams match up.
- You'd think romance between a Tar Heel and a dookie would be challenging due to the whole vortex of hatred that begins to swirl in the middle of Tobacco Road this time of year, but this couple is actually super sweet.
- Who scheduled the Duke game for the middle of midterms?? (Answer: The same person who does every year, probably, but it still sucks.)
- Franklin Street is preparing for the "welcomed madness" that could ensue if UNC wins tonight.
- Our sports editor Pat James reflects on the life of the one Duke fan he can't get mad at — his Papaw.
IN JUST KIDDING I'M NOT DONE WITH DUKE NEWS
There's this column that has been passed down through DTH lore since before Michael Jordan was a meme. It uses the words "Dookie boneheads" and "infernal passion undying" and "hemorrhoidal." All in the same paragraph.
IN I LOVE BRICE JOHNSON NEWS
Brice Johnson's real name is Jonathan Johnson! Also, he has the biggest, most amazing heart. He wears the No. 11 on his jersey to honor the day that his mother died. He's UNC's leading scorer, a frontrunner for ACC player of the year and a seriously wonderful friend to someone who lost his mother as well.
IN ARTS NEWS
Chase Rice will be our Jubilee performer this year. We asked students what they thought about that, and the conspiracy theories are flying.
IN DOG NEWS
Senior Zen Yang has had a shiba inu for 13 years. YES, he knows about the meme. YES, he got the dog before it was cool. The dog, has a NAME: It's Nike. And he has a personality, too, you shallow nerds. He has a wild streak, and he speaks Chinese. And his eyes are up here.
IN THE BLOGS
We are grateful for the #dookfans craze that takes over Twitter before the big game. Here are some of our favorite insults.
Twitter phenom Langston Taylor made a bunch of crying Michael Jordan memes. They're Duke themed. You need them. Especially the gif.