DTH at a Glance

Coming for Taylor Swift and humble bragging for Albert Einstein

It happens to all of us eventually. Maybe you do poorly in a class. Maybe you get broken up with. Maybe the Panera cashier tells you they're out of bread bowls.

Or maybe Dook does something successfully. But at some point, even the most stone-hearted among us have to get in a good cry. And because Taylor Swift's "White Horse" is no longer available on Spotify (which was the second most problematic thing she's done in her modern career), here are 13 other songs to help you get through these trying times.

Let it out, friend. No shame.

— Danny

QUICK HITS

• If you're trying to vote in the March primaries, today is your ~final call~ to register to vote in North Carolina. Remember: Voting gives you the right to complain about politicians later.
  • Student body president-elect Bradley Opere discusses the role that race played in his election and will play in his future presidency.
  • Three high schools in the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools district will be getting together to host their first Dance Marathon this year. FTK is inescapable.
  • Orange Water and Sewer Authority is considering a new $6 million system to work remotely and not have to drive across town and lurk around your house to check water meters.

IN LGBT NEWS

For students who use the pronoun "they" rather than "he" or "she," campus life can be a daily struggle. First-year Finn Loendorf identifies with the singular "they," and they say assumptions and institutional aspects of UNC can lead to lots of uncomfortable situations in day-to-day life. As of now, the University has no system for acknowledging students' pronouns.

IN SCIENCE NEWS

UNC professor Charles Evans explains why Albert Einstein was right about everythingOr at least about those gravitational wave things. I'm 100 years into the future, and I still don't understand what physics is.

IN LEGAL FUN FACTS

Your sex life might be going against North Carolina law. Our state is one of 16 with a legislature that, at one point or another, got together and explicitly banned oral/anal sex. In 2003, the Supreme Court declared this kind of legislation as powerless and irrelevant as The Tab.

IN THE BLOGS

If you're still recovering from the game-that-shall-not-be-named: We have a playlist to assist you in your grieving. Or in any cathartic meltdowns you might need to induce, really. It is midterm season again.