DTH at a Glance

Future Tinder matches and current ACES members, please take note.

It's a recurring theme in life that things always seem to inconveniently happen at the same time. Like when you go six months without any available person noticing you, and then three guys simultaneously slide into your Tinder messages. Or when there are three parties on the same day.

Or when the LGBT student summit you help plan happens to fall on the exact date as the American Copy Editors Society's national conference. Three. Years. In. A. Row.

Or when, like, your entire university's commencement ceremony happens to fall on Mother's Day. That's probably more relatable. And UNC is looking into changing that for upcoming graduations, at least.

The same can't be said of my Tinder problems.

— Danny

QUICK HITS

• Hillary Clinton has set up shop in North Carolina with the opening of a campaign headquarters in Raleigh. Hill is polling at 53.3 percent, with Bernie trailing at 30.7 percent.
  • UNC women's basketball fell to N.C. State 80-66, which is especially impressive considering State is shooting all the way from its No. 89 rank from the U.S. News and World Report.
  • Davis Library employees are really hype about their new light-up help desk. Meanwhile, student responses included, "I didn't really notice," and, "It's still the library."
  • In the past week's pop culture: Tyga doesn't know who Paul McCartney is, JK Rowling is Twitter friends with Chamillionaire and Ted Cruz's people suck at Photoshop.

IN GRADUATION PLANS

There's a chance upcoming commencement ceremonies could be moved off Mother's Day. Officials said they've had trouble in the past with getting top-notch speakers due to conflicts with the holiday. I'm assuming we ran into similar issues with The Weeknd, Fetty Wap and Capital Cities all already having "National Eggs Benedict Day" plans for Jubilee.

IN STUDENT STORES NEWS

UNC received eight proposals for the future of its Student Stores, including one from its current management. The contenders will come present their cases to a committee in mid-March. From there, one lucky eligible managerial company is expected receive the final rose during a ceremony in April.

IN POLITICAL NEWS

N.C. Congressional representatives will have a delayed primary this year. The election is now slated for June 7 after a federal court called North Carolina out for gerrymandering the hell out of its 1st and 12th congressional districts.

IN EDUCATION NEWS

The Campaign for Racial Equity in Our Schools reported finding a big racial achievement gap in Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools. The report said 85 percent of white students were on track for being college ready, while their peers of color were less than half that.