DTH at a Glance

What are the kids doing these days?

As a fervent luddite, I have not downloaded "Pokemon Go," and I never intend to. I have, however, been ran into by kids and millennials alike playing this addictive game. Even though I'm not willing to walk around during these mosquito-infested July evenings to catch emojis, I've been thoroughly entertained by trainers trolling the Westboro Baptist Church, and the fact that police stations across the country have been tweeting out safety tips for people just trying to "catch 'em all."

– Sofia

IN QUICKHITS

• State and National editor Cole Stanley spoke to NC representatives Verla Insko and Nelson Dollar about the new budget and how it affects the University. 
  • Carolina Performing Arts received a $1 million Andrew W. Mellon Foundation grant that will be used to give artists residency in Chapel Hill. CPA hopes to foster artistic and intellectual connections between UNC faculty and artists. 
  • Governor Pat McCrory just signed a bill into law stripping the public records status of police officer body camera footage. Citizens who are in these videos can still go through a process to receive copies of the footage.

IN CAMPUS NEWS

For the first time in its 20 years of existence, FallFest will be held in the S11 parking lot by the Dean Dome. This larger area will still be home to food vendors, tons of campus organizations and swag. So much swag. 

IN STATE NEWS

Wake County Board of Commissioners and Board of Elections maps were deemed unconstitutional by a fourth circuit court. This could mean new elections for the county are in the near future. 

IN CITY NEWS

James Taylor's childhood home was auctioned to an unnamed buyer this weekend. The million dollar modernist home resides on 23 acres of beautiful land and would have anyone feeling "gone to Carolina."