DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Danny and I still haven't been to the gym

Welcome back from the long weekend!

I'm Hannah, the editorial managing editor. I'm dipping my toes in the newsletter game and figured this would be a good time to talk about why you should apply to work with me at the DTH.

I joined just three semesters ago and look at me now — a one-time substitute for UNC's premium daily newsletter.

Joining the DTH was one of the best decisions I've made in college. I've developed a love for quality journalism, the town of Chapel Hill and even "RuPaul's Drag Race." If any of that sounds remotely interesting (especially RPDR), applications are due at 4 p.m. on Friday.

And if you're already missing Danny's writing, check out his column today.

— Hannah

QUICK HITS

• Students and community members participated in marches in Chapel Hill and Raleigh to commemorate the activist legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.
  • If bacon is something you're interested in (of course it is), UNC has a club for you.
  • An East Chapel Hill High School student created his third startup in November. Meanwhile, Danny and I can eat an entire can of Pringles in five minutes.

IN DAILY CRIME

Shoutout to the roommates whose dispute made it all the way to the police blotter. Additional mentions go to the person who found a plastic airsoft gun on East Franklin Street on Wednesday.

IN HISTORY LESSONS

If you think ConnectCarolina is bad for modern day class registration, lmao just wait. We asked alumni what signing up for classes was like in the past, and it's horrifying. You used to have to wait in lines at department tables (up hill both ways) and register over the phone.

IN SPORTS NEWS

I think I just became a fan of wrestling. Check out our piece on James Szymanski, the unranked 125-pound sophomore from Shoreham, New York who managed to seal the win for UNC against Iowa State.