DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Monday light me up

Good morning, Tar Heels! Here's some need-to-know news to keep you in the loop for your Monday:

QUICK HITS

• Students are boycotting UNC products and businesses. Here's what Chancellor Folt has to say about it.
  • "Being a part of an organization that will inspire everyone to make art is such a huge deal for me.” New campus organization Creatives of Color allows students of color to express their individuality and network with other creative minds.
  • Our Arts and Entertainment desk had a busy weekend of reviews. Musician Ugly God brought nonsense, profanity and youthful excitement to Cat's Cradle last Friday; over in Greensboro, the Woods of Terror offer little relaxation and much dread to its visitors.

DUKE IS STILL PUKE

UNC football played in its fourth game of the season in a 27-17 loss against Duke. Here are the stories from the matchup.

• Quarterback Chazz Surratt excelled against Duke this weekend in his third ever start as a redshirt first-year.
  • Despite the final score, the football team still pulled out some big plays.
  • After a string of injuries and several players being ruled out for the season, the UNC football team has had to readjust once again for its matchup against Duke. 

LET'S GET POLITICAL

• Governor Cooper announced that he would veto a bill to remove the chemical GenX from the Cape Fear River on the basis of underfunding. Cooper also entered North Carolina into the U.S. Climate Alliance, a bipartisan coalition to address the threats of climate change.
  • President Trump's new order bans almost all travel to the U.S. for citizens of 7 countries. Who else won't be visiting the White House? The UNC men's basketball championship team.