DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: GET SPOOKED

The foulest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grizzly ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doom

- Vincent Van Price, “Thriller”

Happy Heeloween, UNC! Read ahead for some bone-chilling articles:

GHASTLY QUICK HITS 

• A woman dressed in an elegant Victorian gown brings you to a locked dissection lab door, through a graveyard and past an empty chair for the spookiest tour on campus. 
  • On the night of Hallows-eve-eve-eve-eve, Zion Williamson, the No. 2 recruit nationally for the class of 2018, made his official visit to UNC. Here’s the predictions our staff has based on his social media and surprising visit.
  • John Williams, the Principal of the Year for Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, is terrifyingly good at doing what he thinks is right for his schools.
  • Ramses upholds a 93-year-old tradition of college kids hugging him, and making sure the “younger kids are afraid to come touch him."

GHOULING AROUND PHILLIPS....AND CAMPUS

OoOoOoOoOoO-PINION

• OPINION: The chilling price of an iPhone X may be the only way to vote if you live in Colorado.  A city council candidate’s newest initiative to voice the opinion of the public involves facial recognition and smart phones, which may drive away iPhone-less constituents.
  • COLUMN: Go to Franklin for scary Halloween rituals, a night of weird costumes and the most unusual Tuesday of the month. 

Brandon Standley

Brandon Standley is the editorial managing editor of The Daily Tar Heel. He is a senior at UNC-Chapel Hill studying public relations and psychology.