DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Set it and Forget it

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday!

In my journey to becoming an adult, I used my Crockpot for the first time yesterday. I am an avid cook and a bit of a control freak in that area, so the idea of "set it and forget it" was very daunting. But as a college gal with not a ton of cooking time on my hands, i figured it was time to venture into this brave new world.

I made chicken and rice and checked it basically every 30 minutes because I was convinced it would not work. How do they work? How can meat actually cook in what looks like just a hot bowl? After remembering last minute to add water so my rice would cook and waiting 2.5 hours, the dang thing actually worked.

I then got that thought most people get when they have a new kitchen toy: "what else can it do?" So if you've got any Crockpot recipes, let me know because its my favorite now. Edible Campus, however, has a much better, fresher handle on food than I do. Check out our photo story on the grocery store in our own backyard. 

The Rundown

• Women's lacrosse lost in the Final Four to JMU in a 15-12 defeat.  But JMU went on the win the whole thing so y'know...they must've been pretty dang good. 
  • Got a pothole on the street the city hasn't come and fixed yet? Chapel Hill just made a new app for non-emergency complaints. Light it up, folks. 
  • In the wake of multiple ICE raids this past spring,  UNC graduates are helping local communities get more information and stay alert. 

Tunesday

It's that time. Memorial Day is often seen as the unofficial start of summer, so here are our 23 songs to get you in the summer mood. Even if you are still in an office, classroom, childhood bedroom or stuck in traffic, you can still enjoy the new season. 

Click Here to jam!

Events

• May 29-Trail Run Tuesday- Want to explore trails but need a buddy? Come run with locals through Wilson park. Maybe enjoy some Carrboro food after. (Wilson Park)
  • May 29- Embodiment Yoga- Yoga may seem like an activity reserved for the flexible among us. This class shows how we do yoga everyday. Huh, good for me. (Embodiment Yoga)
  • May 29- Caterpillars Count- Yes they do! Join an expedition to help this citizen science project measure these fuzzy friends. (Chapel Hill Public Library)

" A party without a cake is just a meeting"

Julia Child