DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Gamblin' Man

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

I have a friend with a gambling problem. Not really, but my group of friends started accusing him of this after we noticed he said "bet" after everything.

While this is a common phrase among ~youths~ these days, this guy was serious. He would place $1 bets and even penny bets. I currently have a $5 bet with him about Lebron James leaving the Cavs, which basically means I'm a high roller. 

Now, these bets are all fun and games – no bookies and no high amounts. However, a recent Supreme Court decision legalizing sports gambling may mean bad news for my friend's budding gambling issue and a new market concerning college sports.

Maybe the DTH should start running the odds for UNC games... You didn't hear that from me. 

The Rundown

• UNC is heading to the Super Regionals! Read our recap of how 3 straight wins clinched the regional for the Tar Heels and punched their ticket to the next round of the NCAA Tournament. 
  • Ever make a mountain out of a mole hill? Well, be sure to not make a hurricane out of a tropical storm. With hurricane season approaching, UNC professors explain the science. 

Meme Monday

In our attempt to be ~hip with the kids~ here are some memes we created in honor of our orientation guide recently featured on our Welcome to UNC! Facebook page. If you don't get them, that's alright. We don't know what kids today are doing either. 

Events

• June 4 - Triangle Restaurant Week - Oh boy! There is nothing I love more than a tasting menu. Enjoy all the fine foods the area has to offer almost anywhere in the Triangle. (All over the place)
  • June 5 - Game Night - Get off those digity-dang devices (except whatever you read this on) and get yourself some valuable face time with some friends over brews and board games. (Ponysaurus Brewing) 
  • June 6 - Paint Your Patronus - For all you Harry Potter fans, it's time for you to get some magic-themed art on those walls. Grab your favorite ~adult beverage~ and paint! What would the DTH's patronus be? (Wine & Design)

"Now every gambler knows that the secret to survivin' is knowin' what to throw away and knowing what to keep."

Kenny Rogers